Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hong Kong - The City that Never Sleeps

You can never tell that it's midnight!

I just came back from Hong Kong. What a bustling, energy laden place it is. I'm simply amazed by her people. If you want to talk cosmopolitan, then, this is it.
I used to think that nothing will beat Singapore in being a cosmopolitan country. But in Hong Kong, it's really a whole new level.


Have you been to Lan Kwai Fong? Have you gone to the Convention Centre in Wanchai? Seen a play at the arts academy? Or have you taken the ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui and hunkered down at one of their da pai dang (street side stalls) for dinner?

At ten at night, the city is still hustling. I was so drawn into their pace, by the time I get back to the hotel, it's close to midnight!
With my sore feet and a bruised wallet, I hopped into a nearby foot reflexology centre almost every night.

Now I know why everyone loves going to Hong Kong. Be it for shopping, sight-seeing or eating, there are bound to be things that will keep you occupied, entertained and enlightened!

This was SOOO good - pig's ears and liver noodles
The must-take tram ride up Victoria Peak
Through the looking glass! I'm actually in a see-through cable car to Lantau Island

No comments:

Post a Comment